- MSc in BME (2022-contd.), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- BSc in BME (2022), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Biomedical Signal Processing, Medical Imaging, Machine learning/AI in Healthcare, low-cost wearable and mHealth systems, Biohybrid robots and soft-intelligent materials.
Lecturer – Department of BME, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 2022-contd.
- Undergraduate research student- mHealth Research group, Department of Biomedical Engineering, BUET
- IEEE Access
- Computers in Biology and Medicine
- Recipient – Honda Young Engineer And Scientist’s (Y-E-S) Award (2021)
- 2nd Runner-up – “Design For Life” ventilator design challenge organized by EDGE foundation (2020).
- Undergraduate thesis: A Robust Deep Learning Framework for Real-Time Denoising of Heart Sound, Supervisor: Dr. Taufiq Hasan, Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
- Journal Articles
- Shams Nafisa Ali*, Samiul Based Shuvo*, Md Ishtiaque Sayeed Al-Manzo, Anwarul Hasan, and Taufiq Hasan (2023). “An end-to-end deep learning framework for real-time denoising of heart sounds for cardiac disease detection in unseen noise.” IEEE Access
- Samiul Based Shuvo‡, Shams Nafisa Ali‡, Soham Irtiza Swapnil, Mabrook S. Al-Rakhami and Abdu Gumaei (2021). CardioXNet: A Novel Lightweight Deep Learning Framework for Cardiovascular Disease Classification Using Heart Sound Recordings. IEEE Access, 9, 36955-36967.
- Tanvir Mahmud, Md. Jahin Alam, Sakib Chowdhury, Shams Nafisa Ali, Md. Maisoon Rahman, Shaikh Anowarul Fattah and Mohammad Saquib (2021). CovTANet: A Hybrid Tri-Level Attention-Based Network for Lesion Segmentation, Diagnosis, and Severity Prediction of COVID-19 Chest CT Scans. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 17(9), 6489-6498.
- Samiul Based Shuvo‡, Shams Nafisa Ali‡, Soham Irtiza Swapnil‡, Taufiq Hasan and Mohammed Imamul Hassan Bhuiyan (2021). A Lightweight CNN Model for Detecting Respiratory Diseases from Lung Auscultation Sounds Using EMD-CWT-based Hybrid Scalogram. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 25(7), 2595-2603.
- Conferences Proceedings
- Fiaz Ahmed, Shams Nafisa Ali, Tanzila Akter and Jahid Ferdous (2021). Evaluating the Impact of Cryoprobe Tip Structure for Effective Cryoablation of Breast Cancer. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Computer and Information Technology for Health (BECITHCON).
- Md. Jahin Alam, Shams Nafisa Ali and Md. Zubair Hasan (2020). A Robust CNN Framework with Dual Feedback Feature Accumulation for Detecting Pneumonia Opacity from Chest X-ray Images. 2020 11th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), 77-80.
- Sakib Chowdhury, Md. Latifur Rahman, Shams Nafisa Ali and Md. Jahin Alam (2020). A RNN Based Parallel Deep Learning Framework for Detecting Sentiment Polarity from Twitter Derived Textual Data. 2020 11th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), 9-12.
- Shams Nafisa Ali, Md Abdullah Al Mamun and Jahid Ferdous (2020). A Gender Based Comparative Analysis of Temperature Distribution in Human Knee Joint During Transient Therapeutic Heating. 2020 IEEE 5th International Conference on Computing Communication and Automation (ICCCA), 346-351.
- Shams Nafisa Ali and Md. Jahin Alam (2020). Development of a Wearable 3-Risk Factor Accumulated Epileptic Seizure Detection System with IoT Based Warning Alarm. 2020 IEEE 5th International Conference on Computing Communication and Automation (ICCCA), 237-242.
- Shams Nafisa Ali, Tanzila Binti Alam and Jahid Ferdous (2020). Development of Low Cost Smart E-Pants Using Intermittent Electrical Stimulation for Preventing Pressure Ulcers. 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), 436-439.
- Shams Nafisa Ali, M Tarik Arafat (2021). Cellulose Based Biocomposites. Book name: Biocomposite for Biomedical Engineering: Design, Properties and Application. Woodhead Publishing, Elsevier, 135-195