- This event has passed.
Hands-on Training on Biomedical Engineering Simulations with COMSOL Multiphysics
December 19, 2019
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), BUET is organizing a two-day workshop on “Hands-on Training on Biomedical Engineering Simulations with COMSOL Multiphysics”. The workshop will be conducted by Dr. Jahid Ferdous, Assistant Professor, BME, BUET. Dr. Ferdous completed his PhD from University of South Carolina, USA and has several years of industry and academic experience on medical device design and simulations. He holds multiple publications and patents in his field of research. His research interests include Medical implant design and evaluation, Drug development, Biomechanics.
- Any Engineering students, graduates, and professionals.
- Basics of COMSOL
- Geometry development
- Model setup
- Solver settings
- Basics of modeling in biological systems
- Fluid Flow
- Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Hands-on simulation of several biomedical engineering case studies
- Tk. 4,000.00 (Student), Tk. 8,000.00 (Professional)
- Capacity: 15* (*Min 8 participants)
- Total Contact Hours: 8
- Date: 12-13 April 2019
- Registration Deadline: 4/4/2019
- Contact details: BME Office, BUET (01763423970)