Dr. Taufiq Hasan
- PhD, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- MSc (EEE), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
- BSc (EEE), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
Biomedical signal processing, machine learning/AI for biomedical informatics, wearable and mHealth systems.
Assistant Professor – Department of BME, BUET (Dhaka, Bangladesh) – May 2016 – present
Research Scientist – Robert Bosch RTC (Silicon Valley, CA, USA.) – Jan 2014 – May 2016
Research Assistant – The University of Texas at Dallas (USA) – Jul 2008 – Dec 2013
- Fuliang Weng, Taufiq Hasan and Zhe Feng, “Speaker Verification in a Health Monitoring System”, United States Patent Application # 13340213, July 2013
- Taufiq Hasan, “Speech Enhancement and Audio Event Detection for an Environment with Non-Stationary Noise”, United States Patent Application # 15586876, Nov 2017.
- Ahmed Imtiaz Humayun, Md. Tauhiduzzaman Khan, Shabnam Ghaffarzadegan, Zhe Feng and Taufiq Hasan (2018): “An Ensemble of Transfer, Semi-supervised and Supervised Learning Methods for Pathological Heart Sound Classification”, Interspeech 2018, Hyderabad, India.
- Ahmed Imtiaz Humayun, Shabnam Ghaffarzadegan, Zhe Feng and Taufiq Hasan (2018): “Learning Front-end Filter-bank Parameters using Convolutional Neural Networks for Abnormal Heart Sound Detection” Proc. EMBC 2018, Hawaii, USA.
- John H. L. Hansen and Taufiq Hasan (2015): “Speaker Recognition by Machines and Humans: A tutorial review”, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, October 2015. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan and John H. L. Hansen (2014): “Maximum-Likelihood Acoustic Factor Analysis for Robust Speaker Verification in Noise”, IEEE Trans. on Audio Speech and Lang. Process., February 2014. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan Hynek Boril, Abhijeet Sangwan, John H. L. Hansen (2013): “Multi-modal highlight generation for sports videos using an information-theoretic excitability measure,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, November 2013. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan and John H. L. Hansen (2012): “Acoustic Factor Analysis for Robust Speaker Verification,” IEEE Trans. Audio Speech and Lang. Process., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 842-853, April 2013. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan and John H. L. Hansen (2011): “A study on Universal Background Model training in Speaker Verification,” IEEE Trans. Audio Speech Lang. Process. vol. 19, No. 7, Sep 2011. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan and Md. Kamrul Hasan (2010): “An MMSE estimator for speech enhancement considering the constructive and destructive interference of noise,” IET Signal Processing, vol. 16, issue 1, pp. 1-11, Feb 2010. [pdf]
- Taufiq Hasan and Md. Kamrul Hasan (2009): “Suppression of Residual Noise from Speech Signals Using Empirical Mode Decomposition,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 4, no 1, pp. 2-5, Jan 2009. [pdf]
- Keith W. Godin, Taufiq Hasan and John H. L. Hansen, “Glottal Waveform Analysis of Physical Task Stress Speech,” Interspeech’12, Portland, OR, Sep 2012.
- Taufiq Hasan, “Acoustic Factor Analysis for Robust Speaker Verification”, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, April 2013.